Jim Tafel's homebred Country Flavor, making his stakes debut for trainer Greg Geier, scored a 21-1 stunner in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park May 29.
Gran Estreno, a former claimer who registered his first graded stakes victory at Arlington Park last summer to cap a six-race winning streak, returns to his favorite track for the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Stakes (gr. III) May 29.
Jockey Garrett Gomez guided favorite Hyperbaric to victory in the $200,000 Oak Tree Mile (gr. IIT) to collect his 3,000th career win in impressive style at Santa Anita Sept. 28.
Jack Preston, owner of Prestonwood Racing, and trainer Julio Canani could have another shot at the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in their future with Hyperbaric, who appears to be the horse to beat in the $200,000 Oak Tree Mile (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf Sept. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Alice' Wins Sun Chariot, BC Might Be Next
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe