Following a one-day delay in the under tack show due to inclement weather, the Texas Thoroughbred Association’s sale of 2-year-olds in training remains on track for April 4, with an amended starting time.
A daughter of Half Ours topped the inaugural Equine Sales Co. of Louisiana's 2-year-olds in training and horse of racing age sale April 28 in Opelousas, selling for $69,000 to Ralph Wadleigh's Energy Solutions Consultants.
Fasig-Tipton Texas' 2-year-olds sale offered older horses for first time.
For much of the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training April 5, it looked as though no horse would push past the six-figure mark. But in the final minutes, a Flashy Bull filly brought $170,000.
Fillies by Flashy Bull and Kafwain were among the standouts April 3 during the under-tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training. They each worked an eighth of a mile in :10 1/5.
Champion and Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Answer Lively died earlier this year of a heart attack at Ed Milligan Jr.'s Twin Oaks Training Center near Murchison, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off