Pletcher said he is in a good place with his contenders coming into the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Louisiana-bred String King put away tough pacesetter Gentleman's Kitten and carried on to a well-earned victory Jan. 17 at Fair Grounds, taking the $125,000 Col. E. R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT) to become a graded winner.
Twin Creeks Racing Stable's Red Rifle delivered the latest in a line of satisfying stakes scores for jockey Florent Geroux Nov. 29, winning the $250,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Having watched his firstborn son survive multiple surgeries to correct a heart defect has given Joe Rocco Jr. a different perspective heading into his first Kentucky Derby. He's relaxed and having fun.
Red Rifle delivered a track-record performance at Sam Houston Race Park in handily winning the $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup for his first stakes triumph on the night of March 1.
Donn Handicap (gr. I) winner Graydar will be forced to miss the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park after a quarter crack in his left front hoof was discovered Monday morning.
At Belmont, Todd Pletcher worked Cross Traffic and Palace Malice while Chad Brown breezed Last Gunfighter, and at Saratoga Kiaran McLaughlin sent Alpha through his final paces for the Sept. 28 event.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Lieblong New Chair for Arkansas Regulator
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble