Once upon a time, not long ago (actually, only three months ago), Twin Creeks Racing Stables had a hot prospect for the Kentucky Derby named Destin.
Pletcher said he is in a good place with his contenders coming into the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
Louisiana-bred String King put away tough pacesetter Gentleman's Kitten and carried on to a well-earned victory Jan. 17 at Fair Grounds, taking the $125,000 Col. E. R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT) to become a graded winner.
Twin Creeks Racing Stable's Red Rifle delivered the latest in a line of satisfying stakes scores for jockey Florent Geroux Nov. 29, winning the $250,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Having watched his firstborn son survive multiple surgeries to correct a heart defect has given Joe Rocco Jr. a different perspective heading into his first Kentucky Derby. He's relaxed and having fun.
Red Rifle delivered a track-record performance at Sam Houston Race Park in handily winning the $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup for his first stakes triumph on the night of March 1.
Donn Handicap (gr. I) winner Graydar will be forced to miss the Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park after a quarter crack in his left front hoof was discovered Monday morning.
At Belmont, Todd Pletcher worked Cross Traffic and Palace Malice while Chad Brown breezed Last Gunfighter, and at Saratoga Kiaran McLaughlin sent Alpha through his final paces for the Sept. 28 event.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Union Rags Colt Goes for $1 Million at OBS