Trainer Kristin Mulhall visited the Gulfstream Park winner's circle for the first time Aug. 6, when Thunder Basin prevailed by 6 1/2 lengths in the day's third race, a the mile maiden claiming event on the dirt main track.
Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association signed a one-year contract May 2 after months of contentious negotiations.
Thoroughbred races have been held under the lights at Hawthorne Race Course in the late fall and winter as daylight diminishes, but for the first time, the Chicago-area track will offer night racing.
The 2004 Oak Tree season will include twilight racing on Fridays throughout the 26-day meeting as well as a daily $1 "Pick Five" wager.
Santa Anita will offer twilight racing this Friday and on April 18.
Victories Wednesday by longshots Continental Miss and Continental Stitch helped create a pick six carryover of $114,773 heading into Thursday's card at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm