Trainer Kristin Mulhall visited the Gulfstream Park winner's circle for the first time Aug. 6, when Thunder Basin prevailed by 6 1/2 lengths in the day's third race, a the mile maiden claiming event on the dirt main track.
Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association signed a one-year contract May 2 after months of contentious negotiations.
Thoroughbred races have been held under the lights at Hawthorne Race Course in the late fall and winter as daylight diminishes, but for the first time, the Chicago-area track will offer night racing.
The 2004 Oak Tree season will include twilight racing on Fridays throughout the 26-day meeting as well as a daily $1 "Pick Five" wager.
Santa Anita will offer twilight racing this Friday and on April 18.
Victories Wednesday by longshots Continental Miss and Continental Stitch helped create a pick six carryover of $114,773 heading into Thursday's card at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback