Winless in eight starts in 2002, Barbeau Ruckus won Saturday's $128,625 Sir Barton Stakes at Woodbine with Constant Montpellier in the irons.
Fourteen horses are expected to compete in Sunday's Queen's Plate at Woodbine. Some of the runners had their final workouts Wednesday, including Shaws Creek.
Trainer Roger Attfield, who has saddled seven Queen's Plate winners, is planning to send Twice Bid to the post for the 1 1/4-mile race on June 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt