Trainer Richard Mandella said he'd try two-time champion Beholder against males in the TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I), as long as she showed she was ready three weeks after her romp in the Clement L. Hirsch (gr. I).
Arnold Zetcher's Firing Line will sit out the $350,000 Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II) July 4 because of recent foot issues, which forced him to miss a scheduled workout at Santa Anita Park June 6.
TVG has announced it will feature a number of state-of-the-art production enhancements during its 90-minute special telecast of the TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 24.
Multiple grade I winner Dullahan was euthanized on the morning of Oct. 20 after undergoing emergency surgery for colic during the night.
Saratoga Race Course in New York and Del Mar in California have been re-accredited by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance.
Chilean filly Amani will take on males in the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar, trainer Neil Drysdale confirmed Aug. 18.
West Coast star Acclamation, winner of five straight races, including the TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I), won't run again this year because of a foot problem, according to an Oct. 11 Daily Racing Form story.
TVG, America's Horseracing Network, will be the exclusive broadcast network of the 2011 Del Mar race meet, offering live, on-site coverage beginning opening day, Wednesday, July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up