Main Sequence found North American turf racing to his liking in 2014, as the Niarchos Family's Flaxman Holdings homebred won all four of his starts--each at the grade I level--to secure the turf male Eclipse Award.
Wise Dan once again swept a trio of Eclipse Awards at the ceremony in South Florida Jan. 18, adding a second consecutive Horse of the Year title to his outstanding turf male and older male honors.
Ken Ramsey wants to win the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) more than any other race, and he tried to make Kitten's Joy a Derby horse. He didn't achieve his goal with the son of El Prado, but the flashy chestnut colt's development into a turf star was a very good consolation prize.
Let's see if this story sounds familiar...an international turf star, sired by Mill Reef's son Doyoun, makes one start in the United States and wins the Eclipse Award as top turf horse. If it doesn't ring a bell, then flip back the calendar just one year to when Daylami turned the trick. In 2000, it was Kalanisi's turn.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Cuomo Plan Asks New York Racing to Pay for Drug Testing
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale