While no foul play is suspected, the Pascua Yaqui Tribe reports that an investigation is being conducted following the death of two-time Eclipse Award-winning jockey Garrett Gomez.
- By Jon Forbes
Simulcast wagering on Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse races returned to Pima County, Ariz., Sept. 27, in time for the 2007-2008 Turf Paradise meeting, which starts Oct. 5.
- By Jon Forbes
Bettors in the Tucson, Ariz., area are again able to wager on horseracing simulcasts, but whether that will be the case in early September remains to be seen.
- By Ryan Conley
Racing can learn much from its partners from the casino business, a panel of analysts told a couple hundred participants Dec. 5 in the 33rd Symposium of Racing & Gaming in Tucson, Ariz.
Chris Schef, executive vice president of Thoroughbred Racing Associations, said the U.S. racing industry can't afford to allow Internet betting exchanges to continue to infringe illegally, and suggested the industry form its own exchange to monopolize the U.S. market.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Historical Gains in Kentucky