How is a California-bred filly, who died in 2005, the star of the 2016 Breeders’ Cup Classic?
Caro stands at the head of an American sire line being kept alive by his great-great-grandson Uncle Mo, the current leader of the freshman and 2-year-old sire lists.
The rare horse who made headlines in the sales ring, on the track, and as a stallion, Unbridled's Song died July 26 in Lexington at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose