How is a California-bred filly, who died in 2005, the star of the 2016 Breeders’ Cup Classic?
Caro stands at the head of an American sire line being kept alive by his great-great-grandson Uncle Mo, the current leader of the freshman and 2-year-old sire lists.
The rare horse who made headlines in the sales ring, on the track, and as a stallion, Unbridled's Song died July 26 in Lexington at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly