Returning to sprinting after finishing off the board in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), Bayern drew off in the stretch to post an easy victory in the $500,000 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) June 7 at Belmont Park.
Top Fortitude, overlooked by bettors at 30-1 after a poor 2014 debut a month earlier, outfought his challengers in the stretch May 10 to post a huge surprise in the $100,000 Lazaro Barrera Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita.
Dual graded stakes winner Uh Oh Bango has been retired and will enter stud in 2014 at E.A. Ranches farm near Ramona, Calif. A fee has yet to be announced for the 6-year-old son of Top Hit.
Uh Oh Bango disposed of pacesetter Skipshot in upper stretch and held favored Tres Borrachos safe through the lane to win the $150,000 San Pasqual Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 7 at Santa Anita.
Uh Oh Bango outfought favored Bold Chieftain by a head in a terrific finish to post the first graded stakes win of his career in the $100,000 Berkeley (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields May 30.
Triple AAA Ranch's Uh Oh Bango fractured his left front cannon bone in last weekend's Arkansas Derby (gr. II) and will be out of action for four to six months, his trainer Kory Owens said April 13.
The 3-year-old In Excess colt looks for his second consecutive stakes score Feb. 9 at Turf Paradise in Arizona.
Triple AAA Ranch's Arizona homebred Ez Dreamer left a tired field behind nearing the furlong pole and drew away to a 9 3/4-length laugher in the $50,000 Rattlesnake Stakes for 3-year-olds at Turf Paradise in Phoenix Jan. 20.
Fifth through the early going, Top Hit rallied three wide into the stretch to win Sunday's $300,000 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence