The top three Kentucky Derby finishers have only all hit the board in the Preakness twice since Affirmed, Alydar, and Believe It filled the frame in both races in 1978.
Tom LaMarra and Pete Denk discuss exacta, trifecta and superfecta bets. Sponsored by HRTV.
Evangeline Downs fans will have the chance to test out a new wager when the south central Louisiana track opens the 2011 Spring/Summer meeting Wednesday, April 6.
Preliminary analysis by the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau suggests nothing appears amiss with wagering on the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) won by longshot Da' Tara.
Arlington Park announced Wednesday that it will offer a new 50-cent trifecta wager beginning Friday.
- By Tom Precious
Trifecta wagering will be permitted on more races under a rule adopted Oct. 15 by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board.
Saratoga Notebook: Howard Watch; Stakes Trifecta Rule Changes; Lady Tak's Breather; Sights Lowered for Wonder Again; Pletcher On Fire
Mineshaft's trainer Neil Howard will be paying close attention Saturday when the Whitney Handicap (gr.I) is run at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Belterra to Honor the late Harry Holcomb
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture