The top three Kentucky Derby finishers have only all hit the board in the Preakness twice since Affirmed, Alydar, and Believe It filled the frame in both races in 1978.
Tom LaMarra and Pete Denk discuss exacta, trifecta and superfecta bets. Sponsored by HRTV.
Evangeline Downs fans will have the chance to test out a new wager when the south central Louisiana track opens the 2011 Spring/Summer meeting Wednesday, April 6.
Preliminary analysis by the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau suggests nothing appears amiss with wagering on the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) won by longshot Da' Tara.
Arlington Park announced Wednesday that it will offer a new 50-cent trifecta wager beginning Friday.
- By Tom Precious
Trifecta wagering will be permitted on more races under a rule adopted Oct. 15 by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board.
Saratoga Notebook: Howard Watch; Stakes Trifecta Rule Changes; Lady Tak's Breather; Sights Lowered for Wonder Again; Pletcher On Fire
Mineshaft's trainer Neil Howard will be paying close attention Saturday when the Whitney Handicap (gr.I) is run at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?
- AUS Breeders Mull Legal Action Over New Rules