Several older runners looking to recapture past form, including Slim Shadey, Lochte, and Slumber, will try the Monmouth Park turf June 7 in the Monmouth Stakes.
Stuart Janney III's Ironicus made the best of his stakes debut, rifling through the stretch to claim the $300,000 Longines Dixie (gr. IIT) May 16 at Pimlico Race Course.
Sam-Son Farm's Up With the Birds, the 2013 Canadian Horse of the Year, will make his 5-year-old debut in the $300,000 Longines Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) May 16 at Pimlico Race Course.
Unitarian makes his first start since taking the Elkhorn Stakes (gr. IIT) at Keeneland in April when he returns to the Lexington track for the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 16.
Grade II winner War Dancer will try to secure the most lucrative victory of his career when the 4-year-old son of War Front faces an expected 10 rivals in the $600,000 Kentucky Cup Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 13.
Woodbine completes its 2013 Thoroughbred season Dec. 15 with the $150,000 Valedictory Stakes (Can-III), a 1 3/4-mile Polytrack test that attracted a field of eight older horses.
After reviewing the Sycamore Stakes contested Oct. 17 at Keeneland, the American Graded Stakes Committee has decided not to reinstate the grade III status of the scheduled turf race that was moved to main track.
Shadwell Stables' Najjaar returned to Polytrack for the first time since his 2-year-old season and handled the switch with success Oct. 17, taking an off-the-turf edition of the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation