The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society honored its 2010 Ontario-bred champions June 4 at its 29th annual awards ceremony held at Copper Creek Golf Club near Toronto.
The Ontario-bred champions of 2009 were honored June 12 at the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society annual awards at Copper Creek Golf Club near Kleinburg, Ontario.
Bold Executive is the leading recipient of Ontario's 2009 stallion awards. CTHS (Ontario Division) awarded a total of $400,000 to the province's eligible stallions.
Bold Executive, Canada's leading sire, has been named top stallion awards earner under the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (Ontario Division) Stallion Awards Program, with his eligible progeny achieving the highest earnings of all OSS registered stallions in 2008.
Traditionally, the royally-bred winner of last year's Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I), worked a half-mile in :49 2/5 over a fast track at Gulfstream Park on Sunday and trainer Shug McGaughey said he will probably run him in Saturday's Skip Away Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day
- Special Post Time for Aqueduct on Wood Day
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Vocations Announces 2014 Ambassadors
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Concert Added to Black-Eyed Susan Day Lineup
- Encaustic Sires First Three Foals
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage