Monmouth Park is accepting applications for a track announcer after the recent news that Larry Collmus has accepted the same position at Churchill Downs.
Larry Collmus will become the seventh track announcer at Churchill Downs when the spring meet opens this year at the Louisville track, replacing Mark Johnson.
Tom Durkin April 26 announced his decision not to renew his contract to call the Triple Crown races this year for NBC Sports.
John Lies will be the track announcer for the upcoming Quarter Horse racing season at Hialeah Park in Florida.
Matt Hook has joined Pinnacle Race Course as track announcer, with additional roles as assistant racing secretary and track handicapper. The announcement was made July 16 by Pinnacle Race Course general manager Allan Plever.
Officials at Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino announced that Sean Beirne, director of simulcasting/public relations and track announcer, has resigned from his position effective Aug. 1.
Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie has hired John Lies as its track announcer for the 2005 spring Thoroughbred season that runs April 14 through July 17.
Kevin Goemmer, a longtime track announcer and most recently director of sales and marketing for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, suffered an apparent heart attack and died Jan. 27 in a motor vehicle accident. Goemmer, 48, continued to call races on a fill-in basis, most recently at Turfway Park, and was regarded as one of the best in the business.
Most Popular Stories
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- A Case for Full Siblings
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win