Title Contender, rebounding from a dismal effort in the Canadian Derby (Can-III), snatched the lead from pacesetter Modern and romped to victory in the $144,045 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sept. 8 at Hastings Racecourse.
Title Contender broke through for his first stakes win in the Ohio Derby when he defeated a field of six challengers in the grade III affair at Thistledown July 27.
The undefeated Speightstown colt Eastwood commanded attention during the Fasig-Tipton summer horses of racing age sale when he was hammered down for $800,000 at the July 15 auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes
- Reinstatement of PA Awards Payments Tabled
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey