Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races will try a promotion that has been successful at other racetracks when it holds a starter allowance tournament scheduled to begin in March 2012.
Kentucky horseracing interests are sponsoring a June 16 poker tournament to raise money for the Backside Lifestyle Drug and Alcohol Abuse Program at Churchill Downs.
Defending champion Ron Rippey of Wayne, N.J., heads a field of 255 horseplayers who will vie for horse racing's official title of "Handicapper of the Year."
HorseRacing TV has entered into a comprehensive agreement with Coast Hotels and Casinos for exclusive broadcast coverage and promotion of the Horse Player World Series from the Orleans Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Jan. 19-21.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud