For the second consecutive day, big-ticket juveniles were plentiful at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March sale of 2-year-olds in training March 18 in Florida.
A Smart Strike filly consigned by Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $800,000 to become the new sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.
A half sister to champion and top sire Speightstown was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $1,750,000 to light up the Keeneland sales ring early during the September yearling sale's third session Sept. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico