For the second consecutive day, big-ticket juveniles were plentiful at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March sale of 2-year-olds in training March 18 in Florida.
A Smart Strike filly consigned by Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $800,000 to become the new sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.
A half sister to champion and top sire Speightstown was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $1,750,000 to light up the Keeneland sales ring early during the September yearling sale's third session Sept. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win