For the second consecutive day, big-ticket juveniles were plentiful at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March sale of 2-year-olds in training March 18 in Florida.
A Smart Strike filly consigned by Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $800,000 to become the new sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.
A half sister to champion and top sire Speightstown was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $1,750,000 to light up the Keeneland sales ring early during the September yearling sale's third session Sept. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake