For the second consecutive day, big-ticket juveniles were plentiful at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March sale of 2-year-olds in training March 18 in Florida.
A Smart Strike filly consigned by Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $800,000 to become the new sale topper at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.
A half sister to champion and top sire Speightstown was purchased by Torrealba Holdings for $1,750,000 to light up the Keeneland sales ring early during the September yearling sale's third session Sept. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al