Team Block's Fort Prado is the 3-1 morning line favorite in Saturday's $200,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT), which will be the first graded stakes race at Sam Houston Park since it opened in 1994.
California invader Supah Blitz highlights a field of six entered for Saturday's Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park. The 5-year-old is looking to improve off his second-place finish in the 2004 edition of the race.
Alumni Hall, ridden by Robby Albarado, turned back the closing Colonial Colony in the stretch to win Saturday night's $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup at Sam Houston Race Park by three-quarters of a length.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Cuomo Plan Asks New York Racing to Pay for Drug Testing
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones