Irish-bred Up and her yearling War Front filly bring $2.2 million and $800,000, respectively, at Keeneland January's second session, where average eked out an increase but median fell.
A selection of some of the horses offered at the Jan. 13 second session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale that have noteworthy catalog pages.
Irish Surf, entered in both the Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) and $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) this weekend at Del Mar, will opt for the Aug. 24 Classic, trainer Dan Hendricks reported.
After exchanging tight decisions in two recent starts this spring, Fire With Fire and Quick Casablanca clash for a third time in the $200,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 23 on the Del Mar turf.
Haras du Mezeray and Skymarc Farm's Aigue Marine benefited from a ground-saving trip to capture her first United States stakes win in the $200,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Delaware Park July 5.
Stormy Lucy, sold privately since her recent win in the Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT), returns to action for her new connections in the $150,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 13 on the Santa Anita Park turf.
Emollient, a three-time grade I winner last year for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott, makes her first start of the 2014 season in the $200,000 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) on the turf at Santa Anita Park March 16.
Making her first start on grass, favored Emollient staved off a determined Emotional Kitten in deep stretch to post a half-length victory in the $350,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) July 13 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Emollient, winner of the Ashland Stakes (gr. I) this spring, makes her turf debut against seven rival 3-year-old fillies in the $350,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on closing weekend July 13 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS