Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum's Long John narrowly held back a storming late run from Divine Calling for a half-length win in the BECK Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 12 at Caulfield.
Alamosa stormed home from eighth at the bend to win the group I Toorak Handicap over a mile at Caulfield October 11. He finished in the center of the track about 10 horses off the rail and his final burst was spectacular.
Red Dazzler had promised a southern grade I success for Red Ransom, and crew from the time he hit the tracks running early last year. And although belated, the colt delivered with a grand win in the $350,000 (Australian funds) Toorak Handicap (Aus-I) on Oct 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- TOBA December Member of the Month
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- HRRN en Espanol to Cover Clásico del Caribe