Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum's Long John narrowly held back a storming late run from Divine Calling for a half-length win in the BECK Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 12 at Caulfield.
Alamosa stormed home from eighth at the bend to win the group I Toorak Handicap over a mile at Caulfield October 11. He finished in the center of the track about 10 horses off the rail and his final burst was spectacular.
Red Dazzler had promised a southern grade I success for Red Ransom, and crew from the time he hit the tracks running early last year. And although belated, the colt delivered with a grand win in the $350,000 (Australian funds) Toorak Handicap (Aus-I) on Oct 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- KY Breeders' Incentive Fund Changes Approved
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- TOBA June Member of the Month
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds