Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum's Long John narrowly held back a storming late run from Divine Calling for a half-length win in the BECK Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 12 at Caulfield.
Alamosa stormed home from eighth at the bend to win the group I Toorak Handicap over a mile at Caulfield October 11. He finished in the center of the track about 10 horses off the rail and his final burst was spectacular.
Red Dazzler had promised a southern grade I success for Red Ransom, and crew from the time he hit the tracks running early last year. And although belated, the colt delivered with a grand win in the $350,000 (Australian funds) Toorak Handicap (Aus-I) on Oct 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial