Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum's Long John narrowly held back a storming late run from Divine Calling for a half-length win in the BECK Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 12 at Caulfield.
Alamosa stormed home from eighth at the bend to win the group I Toorak Handicap over a mile at Caulfield October 11. He finished in the center of the track about 10 horses off the rail and his final burst was spectacular.
Red Dazzler had promised a southern grade I success for Red Ransom, and crew from the time he hit the tracks running early last year. And although belated, the colt delivered with a grand win in the $350,000 (Australian funds) Toorak Handicap (Aus-I) on Oct 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru