Indian Blessing, who romped to a 6 1/4-length win in the Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park, is scheduled to leave New York for Southern California Sept. 23 to prepare for her next assignment in the Sentient Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint.
Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) winner Tough Tiz's Sis was scheduled to undergo surgery Sept. 21 after she suffered a career ending injury during a workout at Belmont Park a morning earlier.
For the third consecutive time, heavy favorite Indian Blessing demolished sprint rivals when she coasted to victory by 6 1/4 lengths in the $150,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Sept. 20.
James McIngvale's During avenged a disappointing Aqueduct finish earlier this year by holding off Unforgettable Max to notch a hard-fought nose victory in Wednesday's $111,800 Discovery Handicap (gr. III), the nine-furlong feature on opening day of Aqueduct's fall meet.
Husband and wife John and Tonja Terranova enjoyed a nice weekend at Belmont when James McIngvale's During scored in the Jerome (gr. II) and Gatsas Thoroughbreds' Gander won a $58,000 allowance in game fashion.
Trainer Bob Baffert trusted the instincts of his long-time friend, Tonja Terranova, and the result was a three-quarter-length victory for During in Saturday's $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal