"Since he ran at Churchill, he really started to change... it's amazing how this horse has kept going forward, while braving the brutal winter we had," Tonja Terranova said of Wood Memorial contender El Kabeir.
Indian Blessing, who romped to a 6 1/4-length win in the Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park, is scheduled to leave New York for Southern California Sept. 23 to prepare for her next assignment in the Sentient Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint.
Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) winner Tough Tiz's Sis was scheduled to undergo surgery Sept. 21 after she suffered a career ending injury during a workout at Belmont Park a morning earlier.
For the third consecutive time, heavy favorite Indian Blessing demolished sprint rivals when she coasted to victory by 6 1/4 lengths in the $150,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Sept. 20.
James McIngvale's During avenged a disappointing Aqueduct finish earlier this year by holding off Unforgettable Max to notch a hard-fought nose victory in Wednesday's $111,800 Discovery Handicap (gr. III), the nine-furlong feature on opening day of Aqueduct's fall meet.
Husband and wife John and Tonja Terranova enjoyed a nice weekend at Belmont when James McIngvale's During scored in the Jerome (gr. II) and Gatsas Thoroughbreds' Gander won a $58,000 allowance in game fashion.
Trainer Bob Baffert trusted the instincts of his long-time friend, Tonja Terranova, and the result was a three-quarter-length victory for During in Saturday's $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Bernardini Filly Shows Maturity in OBS Breeze
- 123Gaming Granted ADW License in Washington
- California Chrome Under Saddle at Newmarket
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test