Undefeated Vancouver overcame the difficult outside post position in the Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I) and led stablemate English in a one-two finish for trainer Gai Waterhouse March 21 at Rosehill Gardens.
Steeplechaser Crompton "Tommy" Smith has died, as reported by Kentucky horseman Stanley Petter Jr. The Virginia-bred trained and rode Jay Trump to victory in the 1965 Grand National Steeplechase at Aintree in England.
Considered Australia's premier test of weight-for-age class, the $3 million W.S Cox Plate (Aus-I) boasts a long and proud history.
Bentley Biscuit rewarded the patience of his owners and collected an appropriate group I victory for trainer Gai Waterhouse on Australian Derby day April 7.
While temperatures soared under a hazy morning sun in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., emotions ran warmer and percolated over inside at the Humphrey S. Finney Sales Pavilion. The occasion Monday, Aug. 6, was the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board