Grade I winner Swagger Jack has been retired from racing and will stand at Millennium Farms in Kentucky in 2014 as part of a partnership, farm owner Ro Parra said Nov. 25.
Silverton Hill homebred Havelock and jockey Garrett Gomez found room along the rail and just prevailed by a nose in a five-horse blanket finish of the $100,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 13 at Keeneland.
A field of 12, plus two also-eligibles, was drawn for the Oct. 8 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. David Ross' Perfect Officer headlines the prep for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT).
Undefeated in three starts in Peru, Murjan will make his U.S. debut in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs.
The average price and median price were up 19.6% and 25%, respectively, through the first six sessions.
The chestnut juvenile, which posted the fastest three-furlong work of :32 4/5, brings $150,000 during the spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Bahia Beach topped the ninth annual Adena Springs sale of 2-year-olds in training, bringing $115,000 April 18 in Central Florida.
Stakes winner Great Notion, who nearly won last year's King Bishop Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, will enter stud at Northview Stallion Station near Chesapeake City, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill