Grade I winner Swagger Jack has been retired from racing and will stand at Millennium Farms in Kentucky in 2014 as part of a partnership, farm owner Ro Parra said Nov. 25.
Silverton Hill homebred Havelock and jockey Garrett Gomez found room along the rail and just prevailed by a nose in a five-horse blanket finish of the $100,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 13 at Keeneland.
A field of 12, plus two also-eligibles, was drawn for the Oct. 8 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. David Ross' Perfect Officer headlines the prep for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT).
Undefeated in three starts in Peru, Murjan will make his U.S. debut in the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs.
The average price and median price were up 19.6% and 25%, respectively, through the first six sessions.
The chestnut juvenile, which posted the fastest three-furlong work of :32 4/5, brings $150,000 during the spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Bahia Beach topped the ninth annual Adena Springs sale of 2-year-olds in training, bringing $115,000 April 18 in Central Florida.
Stakes winner Great Notion, who nearly won last year's King Bishop Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, will enter stud at Northview Stallion Station near Chesapeake City, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective