It's a Dundeel collared pacesetter Carlton House less than 200 meters out but had to dig in late to repel rapidly closing Sacred Falls to win the AUS$4 million Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Aus-I) April 19 at Royal Randwick.
Jockey Tommy Berry talks about his prospects for Hong Kong Cup Day. Watch Video
Military Attack burst out from behind the leaders at the top of the straight and went on to win the April 28 Audemars Piguet QE II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin by a convincing 1 3/4 lengths.
Sacred Falls defeated favorite Pierro in the Doncaster Handicap (Aus-I) and Royal Descent scored an eye-catching victory in the Australian Oaks (Aus-I) to give trainer Chris Waller a group I double April 20 Royal Randwick.
Gai Waterhouse had a pretty good feeling last winter that Overreach would win the $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I), and the filly delivered her trainer a fifth victory in the world's richest 2-year-old race April 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Taptowne Looks for Breakthrough in Texas Mile
- Cooler Temps Forecast for Derby Week
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- CDI Reports Slight First Quarter Loss
- How Hong Kong's On-Track Pharmacies Work
- Summer Hit Tops Hollendorfer Trio in SF Mile
- CHRB to Hear Report on Proposed Fairplex Move