Undefeated Lethal Heat won her third straight race in the space of a month and became a grade III winner when she burned past the pacesetters mid-stretch en route to a 1 3/4-length victory in the $108,500 Santa Paula Stakes on the Santa Anita synthetic track March 30.
Bob and Beverly Lewis' With Distinction prevailed in a driving three-horse finish and survived a jockey's claim of foul to emerge victorious in Monday's grade III, $112,100 El Conejo Handicap at Santa Anita.
Wimbledon, the 2004 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner who suffered a tendon injury while preparing for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), finished third at the Solano County Fair Sunday in his first start in more than 15 months.
Michael Gill, currently the nation's leading owner in both money and races won, said during an HRTV interview Thursday that he intends to have a presence again in California in the near future.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- A. P. Indian Seeks Repeat in G1 Vanderbilt
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting