Undefeated Lethal Heat won her third straight race in the space of a month and became a grade III winner when she burned past the pacesetters mid-stretch en route to a 1 3/4-length victory in the $108,500 Santa Paula Stakes on the Santa Anita synthetic track March 30.
Bob and Beverly Lewis' With Distinction prevailed in a driving three-horse finish and survived a jockey's claim of foul to emerge victorious in Monday's grade III, $112,100 El Conejo Handicap at Santa Anita.
Wimbledon, the 2004 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner who suffered a tendon injury while preparing for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), finished third at the Solano County Fair Sunday in his first start in more than 15 months.
Michael Gill, currently the nation's leading owner in both money and races won, said during an HRTV interview Thursday that he intends to have a presence again in California in the near future.
Most Popular Stories
- Commentary: Permeating Speed is a Problem
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah