An unusually large number of stall applications has led Canterbury Park to open its barn area seven days earlier than planned.
Citing a decline of in-state wagering, Turf Paradise in Phoenix, Arizona announced Jan. 18 that it would reduce the purses of six stakes races.
Canterbury Park will honor their 2006 Hall Of Fame inductees Aug. 12 with a breakfast at 10:30 a.m. This year's class will include owner Tom Metzen and trainer David Van Winkle. The two men will be the 37th and 38th members inducted into the track's Hall of Fame.
Organizers hope to spark some new interest in this year's Claiming Crown, a $600,000 series of seven starter allowance stakes set for July 15 at Canterbury Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004