Off for nearly eight months without any serious running, Uncle Lino's first work since his start in the 2016 Preakness Stakes (G1) went about as well as could be expected Jan. 18 at Santa Anita Park.
It's taken a while for Do the Dance to get her bearings on the Southern California grass, but the improving filly will look to continue her upward trajectory Jan. 16 in the $100,000 Megahertz Stakes (G3T) at Santa Anita Park
Trainer Gary Sherlock, now 70 years old, is making his first classic start with high-school friend Tom Mansor.
Free from the likes of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) runners Exaggerator, Danzing Candy, and Mor Spirit, Uncle Lino broke through for his first stakes win April 30 in the inaugural $150,000 California Chrome Stakes at Los Alamitos.
Rebounding from a troubled effort in the Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), favored Big Macher outfought a determined Rousing Sermon to score a game neck victory in the $100,000 Cary Grant Stakes Nov. 23 at Del Mar.
Former maiden claimer Big Macher became a grade I-winning sprinter when he denied 3-5 favorite Goldencents by half a length in the $300,000 Bing Crosby Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar July 27.
Former claimer Big Macher, a two-time stakes-winning sprinter at the current Santa Anita Park meet, was vanned off following a five-furlong workout in :59.80 the morning of May 10.
Big Macher prevailed in a thrilling finish to the $200,00 Potrero Grande Stakes (gr. II) April 12 at Santa Anita Park, denying 7-5 favorite Wild Dude by a nose for his first graded stakes win.
Big Macher, always traveling well in his stakes debut in the $125,000 Donald Valpredo California Cup Sprint, took command nearing the furlong mark and won comfortably Jan. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Plenty of Options in Competitive Louisiana Derby
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale