Michael House's Big John B has only raced on dirt twice in his last 36 starts, but he seems to take to the surface just fine.
Westrock Stables' Sky Kingdom continued to show his affinity for the 1 1/2-mile distance March 28 with an impressive victory in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park.
In the 1 1/2-mile $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park March 28, Bronzo seems to have found the company of seven other horses he should be able to contend with.
Blueskiesnrainbows, whose front-running tactics nearly paid off in last fall's Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II), will try another long-distance journey in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) March 29 at Santa Anita.
With the 2012 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) set for Santa Anita this fall, the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup (gr. III) is as good a place as any to find out which local horses can get the distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga