Michael House's Big John B has only raced on dirt twice in his last 36 starts, but he seems to take to the surface just fine.
Westrock Stables' Sky Kingdom continued to show his affinity for the 1 1/2-mile distance March 28 with an impressive victory in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park.
In the 1 1/2-mile $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park March 28, Bronzo seems to have found the company of seven other horses he should be able to contend with.
Blueskiesnrainbows, whose front-running tactics nearly paid off in last fall's Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II), will try another long-distance journey in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) March 29 at Santa Anita.
With the 2012 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) set for Santa Anita this fall, the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup (gr. III) is as good a place as any to find out which local horses can get the distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win