Michael House's Big John B has only raced on dirt twice in his last 36 starts, but he seems to take to the surface just fine.
Westrock Stables' Sky Kingdom continued to show his affinity for the 1 1/2-mile distance March 28 with an impressive victory in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park.
In the 1 1/2-mile $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park March 28, Bronzo seems to have found the company of seven other horses he should be able to contend with.
Blueskiesnrainbows, whose front-running tactics nearly paid off in last fall's Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II), will try another long-distance journey in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) March 29 at Santa Anita.
With the 2012 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) set for Santa Anita this fall, the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup (gr. III) is as good a place as any to find out which local horses can get the distance.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly