Michael House's Big John B has only raced on dirt twice in his last 36 starts, but he seems to take to the surface just fine.
Westrock Stables' Sky Kingdom continued to show his affinity for the 1 1/2-mile distance March 28 with an impressive victory in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park.
In the 1 1/2-mile $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park March 28, Bronzo seems to have found the company of seven other horses he should be able to contend with.
Blueskiesnrainbows, whose front-running tactics nearly paid off in last fall's Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II), will try another long-distance journey in the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup Stakes (gr. III) March 29 at Santa Anita.
With the 2012 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) set for Santa Anita this fall, the $100,000 Tokyo City Cup (gr. III) is as good a place as any to find out which local horses can get the distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double