Off to a stuttering start, the Gov. Andrew Cuomo-appointed New York state Gaming Commission held its first meeting June 26 in Manhattan.
More than a year after it was created by law, the New York Gaming Commission is getting closer to having board members in place who can fully run the new agency.
A lawyer with a long racing and gambling regulatory background will become the top executive of the New York State Gaming Commission, a new agency that legally comes to life Feb. 1 to oversee all gambling-related industries.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever