Off to a stuttering start, the Gov. Andrew Cuomo-appointed New York state Gaming Commission held its first meeting June 26 in Manhattan.
More than a year after it was created by law, the New York Gaming Commission is getting closer to having board members in place who can fully run the new agency.
A lawyer with a long racing and gambling regulatory background will become the top executive of the New York State Gaming Commission, a new agency that legally comes to life Feb. 1 to oversee all gambling-related industries.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset