Off to a stuttering start, the Gov. Andrew Cuomo-appointed New York state Gaming Commission held its first meeting June 26 in Manhattan.
More than a year after it was created by law, the New York Gaming Commission is getting closer to having board members in place who can fully run the new agency.
A lawyer with a long racing and gambling regulatory background will become the top executive of the New York State Gaming Commission, a new agency that legally comes to life Feb. 1 to oversee all gambling-related industries.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail