GoldMark Farm's Whitney Invitational Handicap (gr. I) winner Cross Traffic sustained a minor shin injury at the start of the Sept. 28 Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) and will not run in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Trainer Tom Amoss and his gray colt Mylute went in different directions May 16 in their respective journeys from Churchill Downs to Pimlico Race Course.
GoldMark Farm's Backtalk, a multiple graded stakes-winning son of Smarty Jones, has been retired from racing and will stand the upcoming breeding season at Tom Simon's Vinery Florida near Summerfield, Fla.
The Fasig-Tipton July select yearling auction has fewer horses and is shorter this year. Those are changes that should appeal to both buyers and sellers, according to the company's vice president of sales, Bayne Welker.
Falling prices at boutique sales in France and Saratoga suggest the prices for fancy horses in Keeneland's select sessions will be more vulnerable this year.
Gold Mark Farm's Backtalk worked five furlongs in 1:04 with a final quarter-mile in :24.40 under Miguel Mena before the renovation break at Churchill Downs on April 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications