Cross Chris Run faces Brother Louie again Oct. 28 after the two finished a neck apart in last year's $180,000 Rocky Gulch New Mexico Classic Cup Championship at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M.
Imco Spirit, a 9-1 outsider, completed his rise from $12,500 claimer to stakes winner in three months with a track-record victory in the $218,000 Zia Park Distance Championship Dec. 5 in Hobbs, N.M.
Odds-on choice Glory Be Mine registered her seventh consecutive win when she led gate to wire to take the $151,575 New Mexico Classic Cup Championship Filly Stakes at Zia Park Oct. 31.
Trainer Todd Fincher, who won four races on the New Mexico Cup Championship card last year at Zia Park, seems well-poised to add to his total during the rich program for state breds Oct. 31.
The Sunland Derby on March 28 will be graded for the first time in 2010. We caught up with Sunland Park publicity director Eric Alwan this week as he was preparing for the track's opening and asked him five questions.
Zia Park is officially off and running after Miss Set N Bull recorded a gate-to-wire win in the first-ever race at the track located near Hobbs, N.M.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law
- Churchill Releases First Quarter Earnings
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition