A sloppy track added a little intrigue to Monday's $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III), but prohibitive favorite Take Charge Lady put an end to any issues on the turn for home, striding out in the home stretch for jockey Shane Sellers to win as she pleased.
Select Stable's Take Charge Lady, a multiple grade I stakes winner with career earnings in excess of $2 million, has been installed as the prohibitive 3-5 for Monday's 67th running of the $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III).
D.J. Stables' Martha's Music won her second straight stakes race at Laurel Park Saturday, taking the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year old fillies.
Five high profile out-of-town trainers will converge on Laurel Park Saturday for the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (grade III) for 3-year old fillies. Fourteen horses are expected in the 1 1/8-mile test.
Maryland racing fans will get a rare treat on Saturday when Jerry Bailey rides To The Queen in the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (gr. III) at Laurel Park for trainer Bill Mott.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby