Spendthrift Farm's Awesome Patriot, a stakes-winning full brother to Preakness (gr. I) winner Oxbow, sired his first reported foal just after midnight Feb. 8. The colt was born at Windhorse Thoroughbreds in Middleburgh, N.Y.
Mandy Pope's Whisper Hill Farm bought the half brother to Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Oxbow. The colt is by Unbridled's Song.
Oxbow, who last year became Calumet's eighth Preakness (gr. I) winner, will be relocated to the storied farm for the 2015 breeding season.
Spendthrift Farm stallion Awesome Patriot, a stakes-winning brother to Preakness (gr. I) winner Oxbow, will shuttle for the 2014 Southern Hemisphere breeding season to stand at Haras Santa Sara in Santiago, Chile.
Calumet Farm's Oxbow, winner of this year's Preakness Stakes (gr. I), has been retired and will begin his stud career at Taylor Made Stallions in Central Kentucky. The son of Awesome Again will stand for $20,000.
Awesome Patriot, a stakes-winning full brother to 2013 Preakness (gr. I) winner Oxbow, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 breeding season at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm in Lexington.
Tizamazing, dam of Preakness winner Oxbow with her 2013 Unbridled's Song colt born on April 16, 2013, at Burleson Farm in Kentucky. watch video
Tizamazing, dam of Preakness winner Oxbow with her 2013 Unbridled's Song colt born on April 16, 2013, at Burleson Farm in Kentucky.
Calumet Farm's Oxbow gunned to the front from the gate in the $1 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 18 and never looked back to post a 1 3/4-length victory at 15-1.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Oxbow took decisive first steps on the road to the Kentucky Derby with an 11 1/2-length victory in the Lecomte Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely