Kharafa had a an ideal trip to comfortably win the $125,000 Kingston Stakes from familiar rival Lubash May 31 at Belmont Park.
The 138th running of Churchill Downs' $1 million Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) attracted a trio of late nominees during a late nomination phase that concluded Wednesday, April 11.
Mooji Moo is back to defend her Sunshine Millions title in the $300,000 Padua Stables Filly and Mare Sprint Saturday at Gulfstream Park against five rivals that include multiple grade II winner Bear Fan.
William Carl's multiple stakes-winning Galloping Gal headlines a cast of eight 3-year-old fillies for the inaugural running of the Virginia Oaks Saturday at Colonial Downs. The $200,000 race will be run at 1 1/8 miles over the Secretariat Turf Course.
Mooji Moo cleared the field early and had enough to hold off Bold Roberta in Saturday's $300,000 Sunshine Millions Nextel Filly & Mare Sprint to tally a 17-1 upset under a light rain at Santa Anita.
Still fifth with three-sixteenths of a mile remaining, Joe's Son Joey stormed down the middle of the course to win Friday's featured $84,525 Woodford County Stakes at Keeneland.
Swift Replica, at 17-1, tried to make every pole a winning one in Saturday's $100,000 Pete Axthelm Stakes at Calder Race Course, but was nabbed just before the wire by Stormy Roman, himself an even longer shot at 30-to-1 odds.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Beholder All Class in Easy Hirsch Score
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- Gabriel Charles Set for Arlington Million
- Champ Work All Week Takes Mountaineer Stakes
- Trinniberg Winner Falling Sky Could Go to Spa