New Orleans-based Turf writer Bob Fortus of the Times-Picayune to be inducted into the Press Box Hall of Fame at Fair Grounds Jan. 18.
David Grening of Daily Racing Form and Bob Fortus of The Times-Picayune in New Orleans earned top honors as the New York Racing Association announced the winners of the inaugural Joe Hirsch Memorial Writing Contest.
An investigation into alleged fraud by the Louisiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association will continue Aug. 8 when a federal grand jury hears testimony from horseracing industry representatives, the New Orleans Times Picayune reported.
Churchill Downs Inc. has been in negotiations with Louisiana horsemen to acquire $90 million in legal claims against Fair Grounds, which shows CDI could be interested in purchasing Fair Grounds, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- By the Moon Edges Wavell Avenue at Belmont
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita