Dominic Imprescia, who trained major winner Timely Writer, died in his sleep May 8 at his Hallandale Beach, Fla., home.
Champion Uncle Mo turned away a challenge from Rattlesnake Bridge and pulled away in the stretch to post an easy 3 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Timely Writer Stakes March 12 at Gulfstream Park in his 3-year-old debut.
Uncle Mo is going to be an overwhelming favorite no matter who he faces in the Timely Writer tomorrow at Gulfstream. However, the ways things are looking now, the undefeated champion may have to face even less than expected.
Uncle Mo, the 2010 champion 2-year-old male and the early favorite for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is expected to launch his 3-year-old season in the Timely Writer Stakes.
Todd Pletcher said Feb. 23 there were a combination of factors that led him to choose the Timley Writer Stakes as the season's debut for star 3-year-old Uncle Mo.
The connections of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite Uncle Mo announced Feb. 22 his debut will be the $100,000 Timely Writer Stakes March 12 at Gulfstream Park.
By Laura Hillenbrand -- In breakdowns, racing has a massive, deadly serious problem, and we all know it. The Thoroughbred industry has a moral obligation to horses and jockeys to pursue solutions on a grand scale and with the utmost urgency. We must summon the best minds, create a truly comprehensive, uniform injury reporting system, and fund a slew of controlled studies. Most importantly, we must be willing to make the difficult choices that follow.
Retired jockey Roger Danjean, who won more than 700 races, died Jan. 22 in a car crash in Broward County, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters