Mandy Pope, who paid $14.2 million in November for major broodmare prospects Havre de Grace and Plum Pretty, has taken important steps in what she believes will pay off handsomely.
- By Esther Marr
After nearly 30 year in the business, Mandy Pope understands the value of time and patience. read blog
As a partner in historic Darby Dan Farm, Wayne Sweezey was a familiar face at the Keeneland September yearling sale. But a non-compete agreement kept him from being an active participant in last year's auction after he left Darby Dan. Now Sweezey is back with his own consignment, T. Wayne Sweezey and partners, which has 22 horses in the September catalog.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel