Groupie Doll's first foal is home at Timber Town Stable in Lexington, Kentucky. view slideshow
On a beautiful sunny day in Central Kentucky, Cathy Sweezey and Mandy Pope drove to Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital and brought home Groupie Doll's first foal. Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse read
Champion Groupie Doll delivered her first foal on March 5, about a week before her original March 11 due date. The colt was rushed immediately to Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
Following a four-length win at Belmont Park in the Peter Pan, Tonalist will have the opportunity June 7 to capture the Triple Crown race that eluded his maternal grandsire while carrying Robert S. Evans' colors.
Mandy Pope, who paid $14.2 million in November for major broodmare prospects Havre de Grace and Plum Pretty, has taken important steps in what she believes will pay off handsomely.
After nearly 30 year in the business, Mandy Pope understands the value of time and patience. read blog
As a partner in historic Darby Dan Farm, Wayne Sweezey was a familiar face at the Keeneland September yearling sale. But a non-compete agreement kept him from being an active participant in last year's auction after he left Darby Dan. Now Sweezey is back with his own consignment, T. Wayne Sweezey and partners, which has 22 horses in the September catalog.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work