The Salzman family will attempt to pad its gaudy record when the first 2-year-old race of 2013 in Maryland is held at Laurel Park closing day, March 30.
Multiple-graded stakes winner Bshapsonata will look to continue her outstanding sophomore season May 17 in the $200,000 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) at Pimlico Race Course, as she takes on eight 3-year-old fillies.
Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) starter Bsharpsonata may be the current stable star in the barn of John and Tim Salzman, but she is not the first filly to draw attention to the Maryland-based father-and-son training team.
Bsharpsonata continued her ascent to the top of the 3-year-old filly ranks, splitting horses in the stretch to win the Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) by two lengths March 2 at Gulfstream Park, her fourth consecutive triumph.
The Pulpit filly outdueled Keep the Peace in the Feb. 9 event at Gulfstream Park, denying Edgar Prado, who was aboard Keep the Peace, his 6,000th career victory.
Seven 3-year-old fillies have eyes on their first graded stakes win Feb. 9 at Gulfstream Park.
Bsharpsonata rallied on the final turn to take the Tropical Park Oaks Jan. 1.
The Pulpit filly will have to defeat 11 rivals Jan. 1 in the Tropical Park Oaks at Calder Race Course.
Classic Star Stable's Southwestern Heat, the first foal of champion filly sprinter Xtra Heat, won his first race April 11 in impressive style.
Winning Expression passed favorite Primal Storm in midstretch, but longshot Gold Joy flew down the outside of the lane to pass them both, winning the $104,900 Tremont Stakes at Belmont Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby