Down the Stretch Ranch isn't just a home for retired racehorses. Like a coupled entry, horses and veterans are 1 and 1A.
Trainer Tim McCanna picked up the 2,000th victory of his career April 8 at Golden Gate Fields, when Whiskey Prince captured the third race.
Emerald Downs in Washington springs into action April 15, beginning its 16th season of Thoroughbred racing at 6 p.m.
Peter Kerwin and trainer Eddie Kenneally's 33-1 longshot Mimi's Bling overhauled pacesetting Canadian Ballet in deep stretch to win the $100,000 Buffalo Trace Franklin County Stakes.
Stakes winnes Biggs, Pataha Prince, and Military Hawk will vye for induction in the Washington Racing Hall of Fame.
Emerald Downs closed its 2005 race meet Oct. 16 with record increases in both handle and purses, making it the most successful year in the track's 10-year history.
Positive Prize took command in midstretch and drew off to a length victory in the $100,000 Gottstein Futurity in stakes-record time at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
It appears Poker Brad is heading back to the Longacres Mile (gr. III) after his decisive two-length win in the $100,000 Mt. Rainier Breeders' Cup at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
Tim McCanna became the first trainer in Emerald Downs' history to win 400 career races at the Auburn, Wash., racetrack after his charge Duke of Kent won the sixth race on Sunday.
Willie the Cat, ridden by jockey Ricky Frazier, went wire-to-wire to win the $40,000 Seattle Handicap Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Willie The Cat opened up the new season of racing at Emerald Downs in style on Friday night by matching the 5 ½-furlong world record time of 1:01 1/5.
Emerald Downs wrapped up its 92-day meeting Monday with dips in both on-track and overall handle over 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap