By Victor Zast -- The Melbourne Cup is only race in the world for which a holiday is proclaimed and on which 90% of a country's population will bet.
A bill being considered by Congress tonight would outlaw the use of credit cards, checks, and electronic transfers to pay for unregulated Internet gambling. The bill does not apply to account wagering on horseracing.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD