By Victor Zast -- The Melbourne Cup is only race in the world for which a holiday is proclaimed and on which 90% of a country's population will bet.
A bill being considered by Congress tonight would outlaw the use of credit cards, checks, and electronic transfers to pay for unregulated Internet gambling. The bill does not apply to account wagering on horseracing.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Churchill Downs Readies for 21-Day Fall Meet
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- A Look Back: Miesque's Second Mile Victory
- LNJ Foxwoods Named New Owner of the Year