By Victor Zast -- The Melbourne Cup is only race in the world for which a holiday is proclaimed and on which 90% of a country's population will bet.
A bill being considered by Congress tonight would outlaw the use of credit cards, checks, and electronic transfers to pay for unregulated Internet gambling. The bill does not apply to account wagering on horseracing.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Wise Dan Back to Jogging on Track
- El Kabeir Walks Shedrow, Dortmund Gallops
- Delaware Horse Racing Boosts State Economy
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 28, 2015
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Haskin: Carpe Diem, Mubtaahij Test the Track
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls