By Victor Zast -- The Melbourne Cup is only race in the world for which a holiday is proclaimed and on which 90% of a country's population will bet.
A bill being considered by Congress tonight would outlaw the use of credit cards, checks, and electronic transfers to pay for unregulated Internet gambling. The bill does not apply to account wagering on horseracing.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards