By Victor Zast -- The Melbourne Cup is only race in the world for which a holiday is proclaimed and on which 90% of a country's population will bet.
A bill being considered by Congress tonight would outlaw the use of credit cards, checks, and electronic transfers to pay for unregulated Internet gambling. The bill does not apply to account wagering on horseracing.
Most Popular Stories
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Front-Runner Dogwood Trail Blossoms in Azalea
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban