German-trained Sortilege halted the 2012 unbeaten steak of Cherry Collect Oct. 28, holding back the dual Italian classic winner to win the Premio Lydia Tesio Longines (Ity-I) at Capanelle Racecourse in Rome.
- By Tom Hall
A look at the career of the late Tiger Hill. read blog
Tiger Hill, a two-time German champion and prominent stallion, was euthanized Sept. 27 after fracturing a leg in his paddock at Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Under a relentless drive by Frankie Dettori, Rewilding overhauled the favorite So You Think within the shadow of the wire to claim a neck victory in the $655,660 Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 15.
Iota's four-length win over the pacesetter North Queen in Sunday's Pries der Diana (Ger-I), or German Oaks, gave trainer Peter Schiergen a one-two finish at Hamburg.
The Andreas Schutz-trained German filly Elopa set up a showdown with the spectacular Ouija Board in Ireland next month with a hard-fought win as the favorite in Monday's Prix Corrida (Fr-II) for fillies and mares at Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20