German-trained Sortilege halted the 2012 unbeaten steak of Cherry Collect Oct. 28, holding back the dual Italian classic winner to win the Premio Lydia Tesio Longines (Ity-I) at Capanelle Racecourse in Rome.
- By Tom Hall
A look at the career of the late Tiger Hill. read blog
Tiger Hill, a two-time German champion and prominent stallion, was euthanized Sept. 27 after fracturing a leg in his paddock at Gestut Fahrhof in Germany.
Under a relentless drive by Frankie Dettori, Rewilding overhauled the favorite So You Think within the shadow of the wire to claim a neck victory in the $655,660 Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 15.
Iota's four-length win over the pacesetter North Queen in Sunday's Pries der Diana (Ger-I), or German Oaks, gave trainer Peter Schiergen a one-two finish at Hamburg.
The Andreas Schutz-trained German filly Elopa set up a showdown with the spectacular Ouija Board in Ireland next month with a hard-fought win as the favorite in Monday's Prix Corrida (Fr-II) for fillies and mares at Saint-Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return