Winner of the past two editions of the Del Mar Mile (gr. IIT), the speedster Obviously goes for a three-peat on the turf as part of the TVG Pacific Classic undercard Aug. 24 at the seaside track.
Looking for a repeat victory, grade I winner Obviously will battle the likes of Winning Prize, Silentio, and Chips All In in the American Stakes, to be contested for the first time on the Santa Anita Park turf May 17.
A narrow field has been drawn for the $200,000 Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), to be contested Aug. 25. Obviously seeks a second consecutive win in the Mile, after setting a course record in the 2012 edition.
A patient ride by Alonso Quinonez paid off for Tigah when he nabbed pacesetter Summer Hit for a neck victory in the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) April 27 on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
Versatile Hudson Landing, upset winner of last year's San Francisco Mile (gr. IT), is back to defend his title in the $100,000 event against nine opponents April 27 on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- PNGI Reports Increased Earnings for Quarter
- Oaklawn Strengthening 2017 Handicap Division
- AHC Plans Economic Impact Study for 2017