Winner of the past two editions of the Del Mar Mile (gr. IIT), the speedster Obviously goes for a three-peat on the turf as part of the TVG Pacific Classic undercard Aug. 24 at the seaside track.
Looking for a repeat victory, grade I winner Obviously will battle the likes of Winning Prize, Silentio, and Chips All In in the American Stakes, to be contested for the first time on the Santa Anita Park turf May 17.
A narrow field has been drawn for the $200,000 Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), to be contested Aug. 25. Obviously seeks a second consecutive win in the Mile, after setting a course record in the 2012 edition.
A patient ride by Alonso Quinonez paid off for Tigah when he nabbed pacesetter Summer Hit for a neck victory in the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) April 27 on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
Versatile Hudson Landing, upset winner of last year's San Francisco Mile (gr. IT), is back to defend his title in the $100,000 event against nine opponents April 27 on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial