Aaron Jones, who enjoyed the heights of success on the racetrack, in breeding horses, and in the sales ring, died Sept. 22 at his Eugene, Ore., home.
Seneca Jones, a 21-year-old son of Alydar, died of an apparent heart attack Aug. 1 while in his paddock at the Asmussen Horse Center near Laredo, Tex.
Four contenders from the Jan. 23 Tiffany Lass Stakes at Fair Grounds -- including winner Jody Slew -- are set to meet again in the Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) at the New Orleans, La. track Feb. 20.
In the past 25 years the female stars of Thoroughbred racing have taken many different avenues to reach the stage of their greatest victory in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Friesan Fire, a talented 3-year-old colt who had disappointed in his last three starts, finally showed why trainer Larry Jones considered him a legitimate Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) prospect from the outset.
The Beter Man Can pulled an 11-1 shocker in the Tiffany Lass Stakes, overhauling odds-on favorite Punch Appeal at the top of the stretch to capture the $100,000 event for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Trainer Hal Wiggins holds a strong hand in Sunday's $100,000 Tiffany Lass at Fair Grounds, entering a pair of strong contenders in Lotta Kim and All Electric.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad