Seneca Jones, a 21-year-old son of Alydar, died of an apparent heart attack Aug. 1 while in his paddock at the Asmussen Horse Center near Laredo, Tex.
Four contenders from the Jan. 23 Tiffany Lass Stakes at Fair Grounds -- including winner Jody Slew -- are set to meet again in the Silverbulletday Stakes (gr. III) at the New Orleans, La. track Feb. 20.
In the past 25 years the female stars of Thoroughbred racing have taken many different avenues to reach the stage of their greatest victory in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Friesan Fire, a talented 3-year-old colt who had disappointed in his last three starts, finally showed why trainer Larry Jones considered him a legitimate Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) prospect from the outset.
The Beter Man Can pulled an 11-1 shocker in the Tiffany Lass Stakes, overhauling odds-on favorite Punch Appeal at the top of the stretch to capture the $100,000 event for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Trainer Hal Wiggins holds a strong hand in Sunday's $100,000 Tiffany Lass at Fair Grounds, entering a pair of strong contenders in Lotta Kim and All Electric.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014