New York regulators have given final approval to several equine drug rules, including a new system of minimum penalties for repeat drug violators.
The New York State Commission Nov. 23 proposed far-reaching equine drug rules as they slapped trainer Steve Asmussen with a $10,000 fine stemming from a probe into allegations of equine abuse brought against him by PETA.
The California Horse Racing Board, in an effort to curb "apparently indiscriminate use" of thyroid medications, has issued new instructions to veterinarians and horsemen regarding thyroid hormones.
A detailed report to the California Horse Racing Board at its Nov. 21 meeting concluded that the cluster of sudden deaths from Bob Baffert's Hollywood Park barn did not have any similarities to each other.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC