New York regulators have given final approval to several equine drug rules, including a new system of minimum penalties for repeat drug violators.
The New York State Commission Nov. 23 proposed far-reaching equine drug rules as they slapped trainer Steve Asmussen with a $10,000 fine stemming from a probe into allegations of equine abuse brought against him by PETA.
The California Horse Racing Board, in an effort to curb "apparently indiscriminate use" of thyroid medications, has issued new instructions to veterinarians and horsemen regarding thyroid hormones.
A detailed report to the California Horse Racing Board at its Nov. 21 meeting concluded that the cluster of sudden deaths from Bob Baffert's Hollywood Park barn did not have any similarities to each other.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- The Curse of Haskin