New York regulators have given final approval to several equine drug rules, including a new system of minimum penalties for repeat drug violators.
The New York State Commission Nov. 23 proposed far-reaching equine drug rules as they slapped trainer Steve Asmussen with a $10,000 fine stemming from a probe into allegations of equine abuse brought against him by PETA.
The California Horse Racing Board, in an effort to curb "apparently indiscriminate use" of thyroid medications, has issued new instructions to veterinarians and horsemen regarding thyroid hormones.
A detailed report to the California Horse Racing Board at its Nov. 21 meeting concluded that the cluster of sudden deaths from Bob Baffert's Hollywood Park barn did not have any similarities to each other.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus