In his second start for trainer Phil D'Amato, Matthew Schera's Farhaan took an impressive step forward April 29 to win his first graded stakes in the $100,000 Thunder Road (G3T) at Santa Anita Park.
Each week BloodHorse.com looks forward to the weekend's biggest races. Consider this your guide to the best stakes in North America. This week we have a trio of grade 3 turf miles Saturday, Churchill Downs' opening night, and more.
No better than ninth in four trips outside of California, Golden Pegasus Racing and Earle Mack's Bolo will stay home instead of getting caught up in Kentucky Derby week for a third straight year.
What a View showed some versatility April 9 to secure his fourth straight victory on the Santa Anita Park turf.
Although a forecast calling for rain may affect the field, it can be argued that one of the deepest fields on a loaded stakes schedule April 9 is the $100,000 Thunder Road Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Next to last going to the far turn under Mike Smith, Tom's Tribute came roaring down the stretch to win the $75,000 Thunder Road Stakes at Santa Anita Park while equaling Wise Dan's course record for a mile on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker