Al Shaqab Racing's Mshawish overcame traffic in the stretch and prevailed in a tight finish with Slumber in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT) Feb. 7 at Gulfstream Park.
The runaway train that had been the 2007 Keeneland November breeding stock sale hit a slight speed bump during its 10th session Nov. 14, with gross, average, and median all falling off slightly while the number of horses sold were up compared to figures from last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off