Last at the quarter-pole, Evita Argentina charged while extremely wide in the stretch to mow down the field and earn her first grade I win in the $300,000 La Brea Stakes at Santa Anita Dec. 26.
Evita Argentina charged from last to post a two-length victory in the $150,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park July 18 to become the first 3-year-old to win the race since Honeymoon in 1946.
Compared to Stardom Bound, the 3-year-old filly Evita Argentina found the nine males she faced in the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) easy pickings at stormy Santa Anita Feb. 16.
Evita Argentina, the only graded stakes winner in the $111,100 Moccasin for 2-year-old fillies, surged from last on the turn to defeat favored Mi Chiamano Mimi Nov. 16 at smoky Hollywood Park.
In the second start of her career, unbeaten Evita Argentina flew down the center of the track to defeat favored Stardom Bound in the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Del Mar Aug. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6