Last at the quarter-pole, Evita Argentina charged while extremely wide in the stretch to mow down the field and earn her first grade I win in the $300,000 La Brea Stakes at Santa Anita Dec. 26.
Evita Argentina charged from last to post a two-length victory in the $150,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park July 18 to become the first 3-year-old to win the race since Honeymoon in 1946.
Compared to Stardom Bound, the 3-year-old filly Evita Argentina found the nine males she faced in the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) easy pickings at stormy Santa Anita Feb. 16.
Evita Argentina, the only graded stakes winner in the $111,100 Moccasin for 2-year-old fillies, surged from last on the turn to defeat favored Mi Chiamano Mimi Nov. 16 at smoky Hollywood Park.
In the second start of her career, unbeaten Evita Argentina flew down the center of the track to defeat favored Stardom Bound in the $150,000 Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at Del Mar Aug. 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls