At a recent Ontario Racing Commission meeting, the board approved a proposal to extend the deadlines for mares under the Ontario Resident Mare Program affecting the 2014 foaling season.
After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Old Forester, who stands at T.C. Westmeath Stud Farm in Ontario, Canada, topped the Thoroughbred Improvement Program stallion awards list.
The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society's Ontario Division has announced the leading recipients of the Thoroughbred Improvement Program's stallion awards, representing the 44 stallions that received a total of $400,000.
Woodbine begins its long meet April 2 with a focus on change, a strong purse structure and stakes schedule, and hope its expansion project gets off the ground.
The Ontario division of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society announced the release of its 2009 Thoroughbred Improvement Program, featuring $9.6 million in awards, bonuses, breeding incentives, and added purse money.
Bold Executive, Canada's leading sire, has been named top stallion awards earner under the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (Ontario Division) Stallion Awards Program, with his eligible progeny achieving the highest earnings of all OSS registered stallions in 2008.
The Ontario division of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society has announced the release of the 2007 Thoroughbred Improvement Program. The program comes after negotiations with Woodbine Entertainment Group, Fort Erie Racetrack, the Horsemen's Benevolent Protective Association, and the approval of the Ontario Racing Commission.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill