Kara Colvin has been working on a full-length documentary about Thoroughbred aftercare issues and the careers of off-the-track Thoroughbreds since 2011.
There are many ways to raise awareness and money for Thoroughbred aftercare, and at the recent Barretts October yearling sale one idea proved very successful.
Saturday April 20, 2013 Arson Squad visited Keeneland with Michael Blowen to help raise awareness of Old Friends Retirement facility and educate fans on the importance of Thoroughbred aftercare. read blog
The Retired Racehorse Training Project and New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program will once again promote adoption of Thoroughbred ex-racehorses in their educational Thoroughbreds For All event April 26 in Lexington.
After starting a successful partnership in 2009, CANTER Mid-Atlantic continues to receive grant funding from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, enabling its ongoing program and mission to find homes for ex-racers.
Gulfstream Park is hosting several charity fundraisers the week before the Eclipse Awards, Jan. 15-19.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Feb. 16 that Jan Roehl and Steuart Pittman have joined the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance's subcommittee focusing on aftercare of retired Thoroughbreds.
In light of the ever-growing issue of Thoroughbred aftercare, a series of speakers were invited to share their knowledge at an Oct. 18-19 professional education seminar offered by the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound