First-time starter Blazing Charcoal was all out in the stretch for a head victory as the even-money favorite in the first race at Belterra Park Oct. 12 to become the first winner for Ohio-based freshman sire Mr. Silver.
Heavy fog and chilly temperatures greeted prospective buyers attending the first of two under tack previews for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected sale of 2-year-olds in training at Ocala Training Center March 7.
In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot