First-time starter Blazing Charcoal was all out in the stretch for a head victory as the even-money favorite in the first race at Belterra Park Oct. 12 to become the first winner for Ohio-based freshman sire Mr. Silver.
Heavy fog and chilly temperatures greeted prospective buyers attending the first of two under tack previews for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected sale of 2-year-olds in training at Ocala Training Center March 7.
In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?