First-time starter Blazing Charcoal was all out in the stretch for a head victory as the even-money favorite in the first race at Belterra Park Oct. 12 to become the first winner for Ohio-based freshman sire Mr. Silver.
Heavy fog and chilly temperatures greeted prospective buyers attending the first of two under tack previews for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected sale of 2-year-olds in training at Ocala Training Center March 7.
In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack