First-time starter Blazing Charcoal was all out in the stretch for a head victory as the even-money favorite in the first race at Belterra Park Oct. 12 to become the first winner for Ohio-based freshman sire Mr. Silver.
Heavy fog and chilly temperatures greeted prospective buyers attending the first of two under tack previews for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s selected sale of 2-year-olds in training at Ocala Training Center March 7.
In a battle of Eastern invaders down the Santa Anita stretch, Amen Hallelujah overpowered Franny Freud in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner